If we are with Him, Everything will be OK



This week was awesome!  I WENT TO EFY!  (But just for one day)  EFY is a week long program for youth ages 14-17.  It’s super spiritual and super fun!  I went three times in my youth... and never thought I would go again!  Especially in the mission.  We led an activity (about missionary work) and at the end we had a question and answer session where everyone asked us about how we came to the mission, the difficulties we face, how we like Merida and things like that.  It was kind of surreal, all of it, because I felt like I should be the one asking instead of answering!  It was weird.  I felt really young and really old at the same time.

Our recent convert Jereth went to EFY and absolutely loved it.  He was so excited to make new friends, learn about the Gospel and dance with all the girls.  It was so fun to watch him interact with everyone, see him participate in the class and everything!  I felt like a proud mom!  On Sunday the Bishop asked him to share his testimony and his experience and it was really powerful!  I was so happy for him I almost cried.  He’s the cutest!

We had a rough day on Saturday because all our plans fell through and we were just walking around in the sun for a couple hours.  But then we went to go sing to a viejita member that has Alzheimer’s.  She loves when we visit her!  This time she had a different caretaker with her.  We immediately starting talking with her and figured out she’s not a member.  We taught her the first lesson and she accepted to be baptized!  Our awful day turned around!

This week we’ve seen lots of critters in our house.  On Thursday night I fell asleep while praying (again) and woke up to a huge spider on the floor in front of me.  I killed it and screamed haha.  Also we had a HUGE scorpion by our kitchen window.  Hermana Torres smashed it with a broom and I cut off its stinger with a kitchen knife.  Only the best weapons for us missionaries :)  I did manage to record some of the scorpion so I hope you’ll all enjoy my screams.  Unfortunately she forgot to send the video :(

I can’t believe I only have 3 more weeks in the mission!  It’s unreal!  I also can’t believe that so many of my friends will be married when I get home!   Sorry I can’t go to all your weddings!  But I know that the Lord called me to this place at this time for a reason!  Actually, quite a few reasons, and I’m discovering more every day.  I know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us and that sometimes, more often than not, that plan is not the same as our plan.  He knows what’s best for us.  If you let Him, He will guide you!  Just like the scriptures say, “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3: 5-6

Let’s be a little more humble and trust in our Heavenly Father.  If we’re with Him, everything will be okay :)

I love you all! 

Hermana Keeler


They did some sightseeing with a member last Pday.









Adriana as a future missionary?


The HUGE scorpion






This week was a waterballoon activity with her District (this time they are actually wet and not just sweaty!)





No comments