Tell the World that I'm Comin' Home


I don't even know where to begin. The mission has been the craziest, most frustrating, most fun, happiest, heart wrenching, and edifying experience. To go on the mission was the best decision that I ever could have taken.
 It has been a privilege to serve the people of Yucatan and Campeche.

Ammon sums up my feelings a whole lot better that I will ever be able to. 

31 Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? say unto you, Nay, they are manyyea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us.

36 Now if this is boastingeven so will boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in strange land; yea, say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in strange land.
37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every peoplewhatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.
I feel so grateful for this opportuniity that I have been given to spend the last 18 months of my life here in Mexico. I know that my Heavenly Father knows me personally, and that He sent me to the perfect mission. I love Yucatan and Campeche with all of my heart. I love the people, I love the culture, I love the hot sun. I love the tortillas. I love the habanero chilis. I love the buses. I love the dancing.  I love the hammocks.  I love the language.  I love the way of life!  I've said it so many times, but I feel like I am secretly Mexcian. 
The mission is hard. It was physically, emotionally, mentally, and sociallly trying.  Honestly, I'm so tired all the time.  My feet hurt.  I'm always sunburned.  My stomach usually hurts too.  I'm a little tired of killing cockroaches.  I never got used to cold showers.
But I'm so happy.  It's impossible to not be happy, when serving the Lord. I love the people that I teach. I've never felt such joy in my whole life. I've learned to look for the tender mercies of the Lord every day.  He blesses us in little ways.  He's aware of our circumstances, our needs, our hopes, our dreams, our fears.  He loves us infinitely.  He wants to bless us, and He does it every day. 
It's the best to be able to say that I am a representative of Jesus Christ here on the Earth.  I am so grateful to be part of the grand comission, to take the gospel to every land.  I've been able to bring it to the lives of a few truly chosen people.  I will never be able to thank my Heavenly Father enough for this chance I've had to be an instrument in His hands.  This work is far greater than any of us.  He could do it without us.  He could send angels to preach the gospel.  But he gives us this privilege to take part! 
The mission has changed my life. I have been changed by the Atoning sacrifice of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  If anyone is thinking about serving a mission, DO IT.  You will not regret it.  And you'll recieve blessigs for the rest of your life. 
How can I possibly explain my feelings? My heart is full! 
I feel so much love in my heart.  IM IN LOVE, IM IN LOVE AND I DONT CARE WHO KNOWS IT!!!!  I love Yucatan!  I love Campeche!  I love my Savior!  I love being a missionary!  I love this gospel!  I love the scriptures!  And I love all of you!  I'm so excited to see you all. 
If you want to hear more about my crazy adventure, come to church this Sunday at 11. 
SEE YOU SOON! 
Love,   Hermana Keeler
Saying Goodbye to so many people she loves



 One of her favorite little girls performed in a cultural celebration







With Presidente and Hermana Ruiz at the temple


She said she's gonna teach us to make some Yucatecan food! 



Another one of her favorites George! 









With the District at the Cox Home.   She's wearing the tie because it's tradition for the missionary who is going home to have their tie cut off and everyone says nice things about them.



1 comment

  1. ¡Qúe increíble fuera tu Camino.
    Me sentí muy conmovido al oír tus historias!

    ReplyDelete