An Incredible Week and a Happy 21st Birthday!


3 Mayo 2017

Wow today really was incredible.  We saw so many miracles.  We went to visit one of our investigators.  Last week she told us she wanted to get baptized in August and we didn’t want to pressure her, so we told her that it was fine.  Today we talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end) and she got really excited about her baptism!  We read Mosiah 18: 8-10 and she told us, “ I want to get baptized next week!”  We were totally shocked and SO HAPPY!   I got up and hugged her haha.

Later, we went to go visit a familia.  The hermana told us she lost her job on her birthday last week.  She said the talks in Sacrament meeting really helped her because they were about self reliance and work.  In Sacrament meeting,  Hermana Espinoza and I both thought, why the heck are they talking about this in Sacrament meeting?  But now we know why!  I know that the Bishopric was inspired to assign that topic for last week.  How grateful I am to have modern revelation from inspired leaders!  I learned not to doubt, but to trust that everything has a specific purpose.  It was a wake up call for me!

Then she told us how much we have helped her.  She told me she loved my enthusiasm for the Gospel and even commented on how excited I get telling stories.  On Sunday in the class Gospel Principles, I shared the story of how I received my answer to go on a mission and she told me it really impacted her.  I literally cried because I was so grateful!  She’s an answer to my prayers.

Lately, I’ve been feeling a bit discouraged.  I haven’t had a baptism in 4 months.  And I had been asking myself if I’ve just been wasting time.  I felt like what I was doing wasn’t having an impact on anyone.  I wondered if I was doing something wrong.  I have seen lots of other missionaries baptize a TON.  And it’s really hard not to compare myself to them!   But what she said answered my prayers!  I know that it’s worth it!  To see her testimony grow has been so amazing!  I know that Heavenly Father puts people in our lives to help us!  And she’s helped me more than I’ve helped her.

I’m very happy to be a missionary!   

7 Mayo 2017

Well this week has really been incredible!  On Thursday, we had a lesson in the temple.  Six companionships in the zone brought investigators and we all had a lesson together.  Hermana Espinoza and I taught the Plan of Salvation.  We made a big poster that had all the phases and it turned out really well.  We were very nervous to teach - we practiced a bunch of times haha.  I’ve taught the Plan a million times but never in the temple with lots of missionaries and investigators!  But it turned out really well!  A couple that’s going to be sealed in the temple went - but none of our investigators came and we were sad - until one investigator and her little brother came!  They got lost downtown but eventually found their way to the temple!  It was so awesome and we were so happy!

Then Friday...MY BIRTHDAY!  First off, I told the whole world it was my birthday because last year literally only Hermano Tigre and Hermana Romero knew!  So this year turned out way differently!  Throughout the whole week Hermana Espinoza chose things out of my birthday package that mom sent to give to me!  She opened it and separated everything so I’d get a little gift every day!  It was so fun because every day I got home and I would open my present!

On the morning of my birthday, we actually woke up late!  The alarm didn’t go off, I swear!  It had been a while since that happened and I woke up really surprised.  For a minute I though it was Sunday and that we were going to miss church! (Our ward starts at 8 and we leave to get there at like 7:15).  I was in a complete panic mode but then I realized it was Friday and my birthday!  My comp decorated the room with signs and paper hearts!  She’s way cute!

That night we had an activity.  We made a huge Book of Mormon and acted out the stories!  It was so cool.  We all entered the “stage” though the big Book of Mormon.  Hermana Espinoza and I were Laman and Lemuel and the elders were Nefi and Laban!  (there was no Sam)  But it was so fun.  And other members acted out other stories!  It was kind of thrown together at the last minute but it turned out really well and I was really pleased!

And then after the activity, they all called me into another room and started singing and surprised me with a cake.  I was really surprised and so happy!  It was so great, I felt so loved!  That night our investigator stopped by and gave me a present and wrote the sweetest note.  I went to bed that night feeling very blessed.   Honestly, it was probably my favorite birthday.  I wasn’t even sad that it’s my second birthday away from my family because I felt so much love here!  

Like I’ve said many times, the mission is a roller coaster, because we had two really great days and then one super awful day.  On Saturday everyone but 3 people rejected us!  We only went inside three houses the whole day - one investigator, one for lunch and one member!  And that was it.  The rest of the day we walked around trying to find someone to teach.  It was sad.

But then today was really great!  We had a family home evening with a young couple - they invited their neighbors.  Their neighbors are Buddhists, something extremely rare here - and the wife’s name is LINDSAY - something even more rare!  We talked about the family and how important it is for God, for us and for society!

I love my family with all my heart and I miss them terribly, but I’m happy here and I love what I’m doing!  I’m so #blessed!

Love,

Hermana Keeler




















No comments