Avoiding dog attacks and Choosing Happiness


This week was way long and really crazy.  On Tuesday, Hermano Eduardo got baptized.  For a second time, we rode to the church in the back of the pick up truck.  I felt that same sense of gratitude that I felt last time.  I’m glad I’m here teaching all of the Yucatecos :)  There was water in the church this time, so we didn’t have any problems!

Eduardo has a sincere desire to do what is right.  He also wishes that his family would support him.  Eduardo and Sara are the only members of the family that are active right now, but we are working on the rest of them.

On Wednesday we went to Tekax, a pueblo 30 minutes past Ox.  We drove through Ox to get there and I saw Hermano Tigre through the window! :)  We went to Tekax to do divisiones with Hermana Christensen (my MTC comp) and her companion Hermana Lopez.  Hermana Christensen actually got really sick so Hermana Torres and I actually ended up taking care of her!  But it was really fun to catch up with her.  We talked for like 5 hours straight.  It was fun to reminisce on the good - and fun to actually be able to speak Spanish together.  Lots has changed since we were in the MTC.

This week we found out that an eternal investigator was just granted her divorce and now she’ll be able to get married to the viejito she’s living with!  She’s been waiting 7 years for her divorce papers to finally go through, so it’s a pretty big deal.  We’re excited to start preparing her for baptism.  I probs won’t be here to see her baptism because she still has to get married haha.  And I’ll probs already be at BYU.  Crazy to think about  it! 

Well, I only have one month left.  I almost finished my mission without falling in the street or getting bitten by a dog.  Well this Friday almost both happened.  A dog wanted to attack us when we walked past it’s house and it crawled through a hole in the fence to come bite us.  When my comp saw that he was halfway through the fence, she turned to run and I kept walking straight, so we crashed.  I tripped over her and fell straight onto the street.  The dog managed to get out from behind the fence but thankfully got scared when I fell and went back!  It was actually a blessing in disguise!

We had a multi-zone meeting - my very last one!  All the missionaries that are going home soon shared their testimonies.  I didn’t ever think that I’d make it to this point!    But yeah, I shared my testimony.  I really wanted everyone to know how much I have enjoyed every single day!  (Except the day I threw up multiple times on people.)

I’ve realized that happiness is a choice.  Happiness has nothing to do with your circumstances, it’s a personal decision.  And I’ve chosen to be happy!  Make the decision to be happy and you will be!

I love the mission.  I love Yucatan.  I love this gospel.

Con Amor,

Hermana Keeler

 
She took this picture to show us how sweaty she got after sweeping the floor of the house to prove that Yucatan is the hottest place on earth!









Hermana Christensen - her MTC companion.  They are on the same flight home!



She was so excited because this town finally got their letters!  I guess it's a yucatan thing!



A kid from Ox who attended their mission conference.


Gospel Doctrine class! 

No comments