Back to the Beginning!


Lindsay didn't write a letter this week.  She just sent pictures of journal entries for a few days last week.  I love it, it's the real her for sure!  

 13 Julio 2017

I WENT TO OXKUTZCAB!  So, on Tuesday we went to Ticul, a big pueblo close to Ox, to do splits with some hermanas there.  I couldn’t bear being so close to Ox without going, so I asked permission from President to go!  And he said yes!  We were only there for like 5 hours, but we made the most of it!

I called Hermano Tigre to let him know I was coming and he greeted us at the bus station!  It was so FUN to see him again!  I almost cried and so did he!  We went to visit a few members including all the kids that drove us crazy in Sacrament meeting every week, los ninos with the crocodile (they now have a monkey as well) and Presidente and Hermana Villareal.  It was so cool to see everyone again.  And it was even cooler because I could talk to everyone without problem!  Various people were quite surprised, haha!  I guess I’ve learned a little Spanish in the past year.

Ox is so cute.  I love it!  I’m so glad that I started my mission there.  The people are so loving.  Legit everyone gave me fruit, haha!  Just like old times.  Also, los ninos gave me a backpack, a little bag, a bucket hat and some sparkly white sunglasses :)  The people of Ox are so giving.  It’s incredible!

It was so amazing just to be there again.  It’s so cool to look back on everything that happened there, everything that has happened since and how much I’ve changed.  I’m definitely a better missionary/person now than I was then.



Back on Tigre's Tricicolo.







Her first home!




All the kids that gave them a hard time in Sacrament meeting...





Los Niños - the kids she first baptized.
They had a crocodile when she was there and now they have a monkey! 

















14 Julio 2017

Today was legit crazy.  I woke up sick.  Like really sick.  But I felt like it would pass so we went out to work like normal.  But during our first lesson I had a lot of trouble forming coherent thoughts because my head hurt so sooo bad!  My companion realized I was not doing well so we went home after.  I had almost no energy and it was so hard to walk home.  And it was only 3 blocks.  I just laid down in my hammock until my back hurt!  (It was a long time).  My sweet companion took good care of me!  She helped to bring down my fever.  While I was sleeping she put wet cloths on my forehead - she was so worried about me.  She’s way cute!  After like 4 hours my fever broke.  And just in time because we had to leave the house to go to Jareth’s baptism!

So we got to the church and there was no water!  A repeat of my first baptism in Ox!  We tried figuring something out, but nothing worked.  So we asked permission to go to the Stake Center and we all went!  The font was empty so we had to wait like 45 minutes to fill up.  Jareth got baptized at 8:45 that night!  That doesn’t sound that late, but in the missionary world that’s very late!  But I forgot to mention that on the way to the baptism, the cops pulled us over because Hermana Elsy ran over a cone! haha!  But she got out of a ticket because she said she was going to her son’s baptism!  It was so funny.

Jareth was sooo excited!  After the baptism, he shared his testimony and said that he’s excited to be a member of the Church and excited to be able to pass the sacrament!  Ahhhh, he’s so cute!  We got back home at 9:30 and realized we left our phone in the Stake Center!  Ni modos!














16 Julio 2017

We didn’t take a bus all day yesterday.  That was pretty cool.  We planned to go visit an investigator because her husband wasn’t going to be home.  We went to eat at their house and right after we finished, he got home and one of her friends came over.  So we couldn’t teach her :(  We were sad because we studied hard to be able to teach her well about the Restoration.  Opposition in all things :(  We’re going to have a noche de hogar with them tomorrow.

But today was pretty normal.  Actually no!  It was awesome because Adriana got a calling!  She’s a Relief Society teacher!  She taught the class today, I was so proud!  She taught it with an object lesson and passed out little papers for the sisters to read and everything!  Like a RS teacher with experience!  It was so cute!

I gave a talk in Church! It’s the 5th time I’ve spoken in the mission.  And probably the last time!  The next time I speak I’ll be at home.  What the crap.  But my talk went well I think.  I cried a lot at the end.  The mission has made me soft!  I can’t even imagine how much I am going to cry the next time I speak.  Que eso!  

Con Amor,

Hermana Keeler






The Zone! 






No comments