Eating insects and too cold for Church


I ATE A CRICKET. AND IT WASN'T THAT BAD. 

Also a man came up to me and asked if I could hold his baby. I said no because we have rules against it. And then he asked me if he could take a picture of me with his baby. So he held the kid out at his side so that only me and the baby were in the picture haha. Then he said "No hay así aquí en Campeche" Translation: There aren't any like you here. 

I was reminded of Oxkutzcab and feeling like the new animal at the zoo.  But I had to laugh a little bit. 

This week was really rough with our investigators and converts. We've been trying to help them to understand and to ACT. But one thing that I have learned is that you cannot take away one's agency. Everyone has the freedom to choose!! 

SO yesterday at church we were waiting for all of our investigators and converts and less actives to come... and we were watching the door... and they never came. I was so frustrated. I was sad and mad and just done with everything! 

I was thinking of all the things I wanted to say to all of them... it was all very fire and brimstone hahah. 

But then we sang the sacramental hymn, "In Humility, Our Savior" and I felt so much better. I decided to stop being so angry and focus on the most important part of the week, the sacrament. As I partook of the bread and water I felt a peace and calmness that I hadn't felt all morning. I thought about how the Savior had suffered all of our sadnesses so that we don't have to. That really changed my perspective on everything. 

We called all our investigators after and they said they didn't come because the weather was bad. It was 68 degrees and cloudy. It sprinkled for like 5 minutes and that's it. 

I'm learning to have patience and humility. 

The mission isn't getting easier. But I'm getting better at applying the Atonement of Jesus Christ to my life. 

I love you all!!!! 
Hermana Keeler













No comments