Happy New Year!



Buenas!!!!! 

So this week was way cool!!!!! Happy New Years!!!! I hope that we all can start out this year with GOALS. I know that goal setting sucks and I never ever did it in school. Let's just all think like this: what did you do well this year? What did you screw up? What do you want to start doing? (And you can't say exercise because that's everyone and their mother's New Years resolution) What do you want to stop doing? And most importantly, where do you want to be at the end of the year? 

Well now I'm going to stop sounding like a 4th grade teacher and tell you what the heck I did for New Years. 
I ATE. A LOT. Shocker, right? We went to lunch and then dinner twice haha. We ate so much food I was legit dying. The next day in church I felt awful. 

Mexicans party hard hahah. New Years is legit crazy haha. And I've heard that it's even crazier in the north. The Mexican elders in my district told us that on New Years in their cities all of the drunks straight up open fire into the sky at midnight and apparently lots of people die, it's like way dangerous. Campeche is a lot calmer than the north though so don't worry I survived. 

But the drunks are so real haha. There was a party across the street from our house and they listened to banda (the worst music ever) ALL NIGHT LONG. Literallly until we had to wake up at 6:30. And one guy legit sang the entire night. Without stopping. I seriously have no idea how his lungs held up hahah. 

So at midnight everyone lights off fireworks and it's louder than the finale at pechanga park on the Fourth of July. A tradition that a lot of people do is make like a dummy, dress it in old clothes, tape a beer to its hand, and fill it with fireworks. At midnight they light the whole thing off and it's so loud and crazy.   I really didn't sleep. 

Today was really fun. We went to run on the boardwalk and then walked around the city a little bit. Just me and my comp. I love her so much! It's sad because this is probably our last week together :(

We have changes this week and I am so scared because I do not want to leave. I love Campeche with all of my heart!!!! I think that above all my capacity to love has grown so much in these 9 months. I love everyone!!! All of us are children of our loving Father in Heaven. And we are all so special. 

The worth of souls is great in the sight of God. I have a testimony of that. 

I am so grateful to be in the mission! I am so happy. 

Love you all! 
Hermana Keeler 





No comments