Answers to Prayers


Buenas!  Well, this week was really great for a lot of reasons and I learned lots!  One of the things I learned is that I need to learn humility.  There’s a scripture in the Book of Mormon (Alma 32:16) that says “Blessed are they who humble themselves without being compelled to be humble.”  I definitely am not included in this description.  I’ve been compelled to be humble literally every single day for the last 10 months.  And I still have a long way to go.  Being a missionary makes one VERY aware of their faults.  But, I’m working on it.

So, like I explained last week, we haven’t had much success finding people to teach.  Lately, we’ve felt like all that we have heard is no.  And it’s way depressing!  One of our strongest investigators told us he didn’t want anything more with the Church or with us.  And we were really sad!  Not so much that he rejected us, but that he’s missing out on an opportunity to receive more blessings and more happiness than he can on his own!

But this week we fasted to find new people!  When we fast we always sit down on the curb and sit in silence for a few minutes to pray.  So, we started our fast praying on the corner of 22nd and 31st street.  We finished praying, walked two blocks and contacted a woman hanging her laundry outside.  Immediately I felt like this woman was special!   She seemed super interested, asked us questions and asked us if we had something she could read.  We gave her a Book of Mormon and we have a return appointment to see her this week.  This sounds just like a normal contact, but it wasn’t.  When we started talking to Antonia (that’s her name) we both immediately felt a love for her so strongly!  I truly felt like I needed to talk to her and tell about her divine destiny as a daughter of God!  It was something I had never experienced so strongly!  We were really shocked to see answers to our fasts and prayers so quickly!  We were definitely guided to Antonia!  We’re excited to meet with her this week.

Okay, now I’m going to list a few more humbling events (the good and the bad)

  1. I realized that my sucker I was eating was literally covered with ants -  after about 2 minutes of sucking.
  2. Did like 50 lunges one morning and legit couldn’t walk the next day.

So, she ran out of time again to finish her list!  Darn what a cliffhanger!  Maybe she will finish it next week, maybe not...

Con Amor, 

Hermana Keeler


Walking the streets of Campeche!


 Love this picture of her writing in her journal! Hope she's writing down everything so she can tell us all about her mission when she returrns!



 The elders cut down all the overgrown plants in their backyard!!


 Fried bananas with cream, she says it's delish!


I think these were taken before they figured out about the ants!



No comments