Miracle on the Bus and the Greatest Joy




This week was really great! I'm with my new companion and I am teaching her the area! It's HUGE so I'm giving her an intensive course!!! She's learning fast so I'm not worried about her. She's the tiniest human on the planet and I feel like a giant. Her dresses are like shirts for me. For the first time I feel legitimately tall. I now understand how others feel when they talk to me!!! 

This week we saw a miracle! 

So I am not a fan of contacting on the bus. Usually its loud and I can barely hear, and the people usually don't live in our area. I've had very little success bus contacting in the past. But I know that I should do it, so I try really, really hard to contact. The other night we were going home from an activity and we had to take the bus. At night the buses are always full and we're all squished in there like sardines. We got on and I noticed a teenaged girl standing a few people from me. I felt like I should talk to her but it was uncomfortable and there were so many people, so I kind of just brushed away the thought. I hesitated for a second and then 2 seats opened up and I sat down. That girl came and sat down next to me. I felt like "Shoot that's a sign now I really need to talk to her." But I hesitated again, but then she asked me what time it was, and so then asked her her name. I told her we were missionaries and she's like yeah I know! We started talking and turns out her uncles are return missionaries and all her cousins are members. We set an appointment for the next day. Turns out she lives 2 blocks from our house! We taught her the Restoration and she accepted to be baptized!  We invited her to church and she went!!! SO much can come from just obeying when the Spirit tells us to TALK! We just need to open our mouths and the spirit will do the rest :) 

I'm kind of in shock that this is my last week in the mission field. I only have a few more prosletyzing days as a missionary! I can't believe that it's gone by this fast! 

I love being a missionary. The greatest joy is to see someone you love dressed in white. I know that Heavenly Father loves all of His children and wants their salvation, and I am so grateful to be a representative of His beloved son here on this Earth. It's the most incredible feeling, to know that I'm part of such a grand work. I love this gospel and I love my Savior Jesus Christ! 

Con amor,
Hermana Keeler















No comments