A list of the Awesome and Horrific


Buenas!  This week was actually so crazy.  I am beyond exhausted.  But I have news!  The elders in the ward right next to ours got sent to different areas and the mission closed the area.  BUT Hermana Cervantes and I asked if we could visit some people in the area and President told us we could work in both areas!  So we’re working in our area and opening another area!  We have a lot of work.  We’re getting to know all the members of Quetzalcoatl, looking for investigators there and continuing our work in Vergel.  And we’re going to move into the house where the elders used to live.  It’s nicer than our house and there is AIR CONDITIONING in the bedroom!!!  AIR CONDITIONING!   It’s legit 100 degrees everyday with 500 percent humidity so air conditioning is a dream within a dream.  We’re going to move in a week probably.  Good thing because my closet has termites and the kitchen is infested with ants.

Be grateful for your houses people.  The United States is beyond fresa (Fresa is a word that mean fancy/rich/snooty).  Like forreals.  Sit in your 73 degree living room on your comfortable couch and think of me, por favor!

This week had lots of highs and lows.  I’ve made a list of the most awesome/horrific...

HIGHS:
  1.   Interviews with Presidente Ruiz.  He is so cool.
  2.   Teaching the Plan of Salvation (if you don’t know what that is search it on www.lds.org ) to an entire family.
  3.   Planning and carrying out an activity about missionary work for the stake!
  4.   Successfully navigating the streets of Merida and communicating in Spanish without    my companion.  We did divisions, I was with an 18 year old from a different part of town.
  5.   Eating nachos with carne al pastor.

LOWS:
  1. Having to go to the offices twice in one week and taking the wrong bus BOTH times!    This bus left us at the mercado - it’s super far from the offices and smells awful and lots of weird people hang out there.
  2.   Accidentally squirting very hot salsa on my face and burning my chin.
  3.   Finding out the elders left the house that we are moving into extremely dirty!
  4.   Eating spaghetti - but “spaghetti” is noodles with ketchup and mayonaise.
  5.   Being told that I look like the psychotic girlfriend meme.  Sorry Derek.

Unknown 
(Here’s the psychotic girlfriend meme for your reference because I had no idea who this was, and I don’t see the resemblance but Lindsay does have crazy eyes when she gets excited sometimes!  Hopefully, that’s the only resemblance...)

Overall, this week was good.  Tiring, but good.  I started reading Jesus the Christ during my personal studies.  Everything in the Old Testament points to the coming of the Messiah.  Everything in the Book of Mormon too!  And now that He has already come, everything in the scriptures testifies the He will come again.  He is the most important person to ever walk on this Earth.  With His birth, we started over counting the years, think about that!  Time started over! 

I know that He is our Savior.  He lives!  And because He lives, I can live again!  
I love you all!

Love, 
Hermana Keeler


SAM_0529.jpeg

  Her abuela in the new area!




No comments