The Mission is the Ultimate Thrill Ride

Buenas! So this week was really good but also really hard.  I’ve found that if a week isn’t physically hard, it’s usually mentally or spiritually or emotionally trying.  But then sometimes it’s both!  And that was this week!

But we ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS see  la mano del Senor en tiempos dificiles.  We met an investigator on the bus two weeks ago, and we have “coincidentally” seen him throughout the city four times since we met.  I say coincidence with the exact opposite meaning of the word.  There are no coincidences in the mission!  We saw him on the street near an investigators house, later he saw us somewhere but we didn’t see him, then we walked immediately in front of his house (and we had no idea where he lived) and then he walked past our house the next day!  If we didn’t get the message the first time, we got it now.  There’s something we have to teach or learn or experience, now we just need to find out what it is :)

I saw another miracle this week!  On Friday we had to go to the mission offices in the morning.  We were about to leave when I saw the branch president of Oxkutzcab, Presidente Villareal, walk into Presidente Ruiz’s office.  I was like what the heck?  So I turned the corner to the area where people wait and sitting there were his daughters!  Lisa and Karen are way cute and were like my sisters!  On my list of favorite people they’re like equal with Hermano Tigre (and that’s pretty high!)  I literally cried when I saw them!  And Lisa cried too haha.  I was so happy to see them!  All of my memories from Oxkutzcab came flooding back and I got super nostalgic.

Okay two more awesome things happened!  Two people just showed up a church wanting to learn more!  They were really receptive and it was way cool!  They literally found us!  None of our investigators come to church and then two just show up out of nowhere.  It was way cool.

Lots of really great things happened this week!  Sunday in both wards the Primary learned about missionary work.  So we came in and shared our experiences and stuff.  I was sitting next to a little girl and thought to myself, “Wow, I’m the missionary and not the little girl!”  Because honestly sometimes I feel like the little girl.  But then I remember that I’m serving a mission in Mexico, I sleep in a hammock and my shower is a bucket and a bowl.  And then I realize I’m definitely not that little girl anymore!

The mission is HARD!  Really hard!  It’s like one of those rides that’s just a really high tower and shoots you up really fast and it’s fun, but also really scary and also leaves you feeling kind of sick but also exhilarated at the same time.  But it’s like riding that ride 20 times a day when all you want to do is sleep.  The highs are high and the lows are low (her favorite saying!)...But it’s an exciting ride!

I love you all!  Say your prayers!  Thank God for all your blessings!
Have a great week!
Love,  
Hermana Keeler

She would love to hear from everyone!  If you get a chance, drop her a quick email!  
The link is on the sidebar! 





The best of Mexican food and American food combined... Pizza al Pastor!


I know she's changing!  She definitely didn't drink soda before the mission!



Always with the little kids! 


They were able to take an excursion to the capitol this morning!



No comments