Her first email!


We left for the airport at 3:30 this morning!  I expected it to be pretty quiet at 4:30 AM, but it was busy.  Good thing our alarms woke us up!  I was surprised to actually get an email from her this afternoon.  Yay!  I can hardly believe she was just with us this morning and a few hours later she has a whole new life!  


Hello family! I made it to Mexico! I am here in the CCM! Mexico City is very cool! It is HUGE! There are lots of tiny little brightly colored houses everywhere! There are lots of run down places all around... it´s a little bit scarier than any city I´ve been to just because there are so many little shacks. I am so glad that I took motion sickness medicine because boy was the bus ride bumpy. I slept through most of the plane ride and the bus ride. The CCM is BEAUTIFUL. There are all these pretty purple trees everywhere. The weather is really nice too. There are hills all around with super cute brightly colored houses, so the view is always great! I really feel like Mexicans are going to be my people. I can tell that I´m not going to have much of a problem connecting with them. My companion is super sweet, her name is Hermana Christensen. She took one year of Spanish in high school. I speak more Spanish than most of the people I met up with at the airport. So we will see what happens. Okay I have to go! My Pdays are on Thursday so you will get another email from me then. 
Love you!
Hermana Keeler

No comments